Monday, November 24, 2008

We had a pair of rabbits once. One was gray and the other was white. He would not let me carry them any way other than by the ears. He told me that if I did, they would die. I'm not sure if that is true, but I'm still too afraid to try. We had them for a while. But then gave those away, eventually, too.

He loved fish. He had an aquarium that was set up right next to his chair in front of the window. We went through fishes and fishes. Mostly gold fish. He was very careful with the filter and the food. Every time we ate a restaurant with an extravagant aquarium, he would take me to see the fish.

I was typing something on my laptop one day. He walked past the room, looked back and said, "Oh wow, you can type without looking at the keyboard?"

He took me to Christmas in the Park every year when I was younger. Sometimes during the day, other times at night. I would play in the water that shot out from the ground. Even though he had seen the different sets many times before, he would still act surprised and excited to see each one again with me.

No comments: